Grammarly Review: What is Grammarly?
Grammarly was developed by Ukrainians Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn, in 2009 in Kiev. Grammarly is owned by Grammarly Inc of San Francisco area, California.
Grammarly’s AI-powered app that helps in writing error-free and grammatically correct sentences. Grammarly detects grammar, spelling, punctuation, word choice, style and plagiarism mistakes from the writeup. Grammarly does a marvelous job in proofreading emails, assignments, documents and making them grammatically correct.
Grammarly offers a free browser extension for Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and Safari. Grammarly will help in writing on nearly every site on the internet excluding Quora where Grammarly doesn’t work.
Grammarly provides a native app for Windows.
Who should use Grammarly?
Grammarly is useful for both native and non-native English speakers who are working in a professional, business environment. Whether its a document, emails, content for blogs this tool will help you ensure what you send or publish is grammatically error-free.
Grammarly is the most effective tool to remove the majority of the grammatical errors, spelling mistakes and punctuation errors from your content.
- Content marketers and copywriters
- A business professional who wants to create a professional presentation, email or social media post.
Writing Genres In Grammarly Premium.
Grammarly lets you select American, British, Australian and Canadian English. Grammarly also enables you to choose many different writing genres like Academic, Business, Technical, Medical, Creative and Casual writing. There are sub-categories in all of these writing genres.
What does Grammarly do?
How Grammarly Works?
To use this Grammarly you need to create a free Grammarly account.
Grammarly Dashboard looks like this.
From here you can either create a new document or upload an existing document.
You can set your writing goals in Grammarly.
You can set your writing goals like
- Intent – Inform, Describe, Convince, or want to Tell a Story
- Audience – General, Knowledgeable, or Expert
- Style – Formal or Informal
- Emotion – Mild or Strong
- Domain – General, Business, Technical, Creative or Casual
How to use Grammarly?
- You can Copy and paste your whole content into the Grammarly editor and check it for proofreading, grammar checking, and spelling checking.
- You can click on Import and can upload a Word Document into the Grammarly editor.
- You can use Grammarly Grammarly plugin for Microsoft Word.
- You can use the native Windows app.
- You can use a keyboard app for Android or iOS.
How much does Grammarly Premium cost?
Grammarly comes in both Free and Premium versions. For a free version, you need to only install the Free extension for your choice of browser and create a free account with Grammarly.
Grammarly Premium plans are available in three subscriptions: Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual. Where annual subscriptions cost less and, Monthly subscription costs more.
Monthly premium plan costs $29.95 per month, Quarterly costs $19.98 per month, billed as one payment of $59.95 and annual costs $11.66/month billed as one payment of $139.95.
Grammarly Premium For Students
Grammarly Business cost $15 / member/ month if billed yearly. The monthly plan costs $25 / member/ month if billed monthly.
Grammarly Business Plan.
Benefits of Grammarly Premium:
- Advanced checks for punctuation, grammar, context, and sentence structure.
- Vocabulary improvement suggestions.
- Genre-specific writing style checks.
- Plagiarism checker that checks more than 16 billion web pages for copied content.
Grammarly Premium Discount
Grammarly provides discounts of up to 50% of on their annual subscription plans. The regular cost of the plan is $139.95 but if you get 50% off it will cost you $69.97 and which is a fair deal for Grammarly Premium.
To get discounts of up to 50% on Grammarly Premium accounts you need to create an account on Grammarly and then wait for 2-3 days. Grammarly sales team will send you emails with discounts.
Remember to check your Email as they offer discounts for some days only.
Grammarly compatibility – Where is Grammarly available?
Grammarly is available on multiple platforms and web browsers. Grammarly is available as an extension for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and Safari browsers.
Grammarly native app is available for Windows. Grammarly also provides a keyboard for Android and iOS platform.
You can download free Grammarly browsers extension for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and Safari browsers.
- Grammarly Browser Extension
- Online Editor
- Grammarly for MS Office
- Grammarly Keyboard
Grammarly Editor (Free): Grammarly provides an online editor which can be accessed by logging in to your Grammarly account. You can create a new document there or upload an existing document. All the documents are stored in the cloud and can be accessed from anywhere by simply logging into your account.
Browser Extension (Free): You can download free Grammarly browsers extension for Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Edge and Safari browsers. These extensions work on almost all the sites except Quora and Medium.com. This extension will help you in removing grammatical errors and correcting spelling mistakes.
Grammarly Premium VS Grammarly Free Version: Is it worth paying for the Grammarly Premium subscription?
The free version of the Grammarly has many features except advance grammar checker, plagiarism checker, and vocabulary improvement suggestions. These features are only available in the premium version of the Grammarly.
Grammarly Premium has features like advance grammar checker, plagiarism checker, and vocabulary improvement suggestions which are not present in the free version of the Grammarly.
Grammarly Premium Features : Is Grammarly Premium Worth It
- 400+ Critical grammar and spelling checks
- Suggestions for vocabulary enhancements.
- Top-notch plagiarism detector that checks 16 billion+ websites.
- Synced and accessible on every device.
- It is optimized for all types of writing genres whether its work, personal, technical, or academic.
- Human professional proofreader to check your content right away for a little more or less of charge.
- 24×7, round-the-clock help, and support!
Grammarly Premium VS Grammarly Free
Heres a little comparison of Grammarly free and Grammarly premium. I am using an article from Wikipedia and passing it through both Free and Premium Grammarly.
Here are the results:
Grammarly Free: 9 Errors
Grammarly Premium: 45 Errors
Grammarly feature and which plans covers it.
Grammarly Premium Pros
1 – Real-time grammar checking
This is an amazing feature of Grammarly as you won’t have to wait for checking the errors; everything is done in real-time while you are writing the content.
2 – Highly accurate
Grammarly is a highly accurate grammar checking tool. Sometimes Grammarly can provide inaccurate information which you can ignore. Grammarly has a high rate of accuracy in checking Grammar, Spelling mistakes and Punctuation.
3 – Easy to understand explanations
Grammarly not only points incorrect grammar use, spelling mistakes it also provides explanations so you can understand and learn from your errors.
You can click on “See More in Grammarly” to view a full explanation of the error.
4 – Plagiarism Checker
Grammarly premium has a plagiarism checker that check billions of web pages on the internet for copied content, so you always have unique content. It will be useful to you if you’re writing academic content.
Bloggers and writers can use this to check wether; they are writing unique articles or not.
- Grammarly Firefox extension doesn’t work on Quora and Medium.com
- The free version is very limited.
- High premium fee $29.99 a month for a grammar checker.
- Cant replace a human proofreader.