3 Easy Steps To Make Nut Butter:
Nuts are some of the healthiest foods on the earth. They come with a wide range of health benefits, but at the same time, they are the perfect snack that keeps you full until your next meal. Nut butter is just one yummy way to gather the many benefits of nuts. It combines well with parched goods, smoothies, and simple snacks.
But, commercial nut butter is not only costly; it’s also loaded with additives such as canola oil and preservatives. I think it is best making your own nut butter. As an added bonus, you can use the recipe below to make butter as well.
#1 DRY AND SOAK
If we want a better result than start with this step; however, we can also leave it out of the method. What we get from soaking nuts and seeds is a better worth product as soaking eliminates the caring anti-nutrients on the outer of the seed. These anti-nutrients actually guard the seed against pests and premature sprouting. But, when ingested, they bind to natural resources reducing their bioavailability in the human body. Furthermore, soaking nuts improves our body’s capacity to digest them.
The advantage of soaking is that it doesn’t need stable attention; just cover the nuts or seeds with water. The time desired differs from nuts to nuts and seeds to seeds.
- Almonds: 8-12h
- Pecans: 4-6h
- Macadamia nuts: 8h
- Brazil nuts: no soaking required
- Cashew nuts: 2h
- Peanuts: 8h
- Hazelnut: 8h
- Pistachios: no soaking required
- Walnuts: 4h
Now you can also leave them overnight.
The next step is to dry the nuts/seeds on a clean dishtowel. Slap lightly dry then use a dehydrator to eliminate all the moisture. You can also put them on a baking sheet and bake at 150F for 12-14 hours.
#2 ROAST NUTS OR SEEDS
Step 2 is essential to improve the taste of the nut butter as well as texture. In addition, this step draws out the oil making it easier to turn into butter.
There are 2 ways to roast the nuts/seeds:
No. 1 – Put in the dry pan for a few minutes at medium heat to avoid burning.
No. 2 – Shaking the nuts and bake them at 300°F for 10-15 minutes.
#3 SIMPLE domestic NUT/SEED BUTTER
It is a very nice recipe and easily adaptable. You can make nut butter with different nuts or seeds by adding other things like dried fruit, vanilla bean or hone. You can also make it into Nutella.
- 2-3 cups nuts and/or seeds of your choice
- 1-2 extra virgin coconut oil or oil of your choice
- a pinch of salt (optional)
- Mix the nuts/seeds in a blender while still hot.
- Split the nuts down by pulsing at high speed. Make sure you take normal breaks so as to avoid the motor from burning. Also, scrape the sides of the container before blending.
- When you get fine powder mix with the oil and blend until soft and smooth. Adding water or milk will spoil your butter too quickly.
- In the last, add flavouring and salt and blend.
- Adding 1-2 of crushed/roasted nuts or seeds will make your butter crunchier.
- Store the butter in a container and store at a low temperature. Now Enjoy!