Perfect Guide to Setup Netgear Wireless Router
Netgear is one of the most trusted companies in the World offering a wide range of networking devices. Netgear devices are known for their robust performance and low maintenance cost. The company manufactures a variety of devices that include switches, routers, extenders, security camera, hubs and a lot more. If you are planning to buy a device for internet connectivity, then Netgear should be your first choice considering the performance. Netgear devices are a must whether it’s a home or office or an institution. The following article will help you in configuring Netgear Router Setup easily. There are a series of easy steps you need follow, and you can get the set up done quickly without the need of help from an expert. The company has made a futuristic vision where they want to implement the concept of DIY ( Do It Yourself ) where the end user can easily configure and use the device. This has been achieved to an appreciable extent.
Steps by Step guide to Setup Netgear Wireless Router
Following the simple steps, the user can configure the router and can connect to the internet. With the use of wireless routers, the user can connect to multiple devices.
- Turn on the device power ON.
- Open any browser on your device be it laptop or mobile and enter the URL IP address http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in the URL bar and hit Enter.
- You will be prompted for a username and password. The default username and password are listed below:
- Username:- admin
- Password:- admin/password.
- After entering the user-name and password, you will be logged in to the page, and an admin dashboard will open.
- To configure the router, Go to Advanced > Setup Wizard > Next. Scanning will be done hereafter and all the details regarding your Internet connection will be collected.
- Once it gets done, you will see the Configuration window.
- Click on the setup wizard.
- Select ‘yes’ and click on the ‘next’ button two times.
- Move your cursor to the Wireless Settings. Here you will see an option to Change WiFi router Password.
- Choose a wifi router password of your choice. Make sure password is easy to remember and hard to guess by hackers. Using this password, you can easily connect multiple devices for accessing the internet connection.
Even though rare but there may arise a situation where after applying these steps the user may face some issues getting connected to the internet. There is nothing to worry about. The company has a dedicated team of experts to help you resolve your queries instantly. You just need to dial the support number and an expert will guide you to address your issues be it with Netgear wireless router setup or any other. The whole idea is to optimise the user experience.