A fungus is a primitive organism and lives everywhere, in the air, in the soil, on plants, and in water. Some fungi are helpful, while some are harmful. They are very common and are not serious.
Sometimes it is hard to know the exact infection. However, many people start using antifungal when they find themselves in a significant amount of discomfort. Use the best antifungal cream for skin infection as soon as you notice the problem.
Types and Symptoms of Fungal Infection
Some common fungal infections are:
It forms a red, circular, itchy fungal infection. The worm is not the reason for this infection. Do not come in contact with a pet or person with ringworm or with contaminated items.
- Symptoms for Ringworm
- Red, itchy, scaly, or raised patches
- Patches develop into blisters or begin to ooze
- Patches that may resemble a ring
- Patches with edges that are defined and raised
- Athlete’s Foot
Athlete’s foot is also called tinea pedis, is a contagious fungal infection that affects the skin on the feet. It also spread to the toenails and the hands.
It is not serious, but if you have diabetes or a weak immune system, then it’s hard to cure. You can catch the fungus via direct contact with an infected person, or by touching surfaces contaminated with the fungus. It’s commonly found in showers or around swimming pools.
- Symptoms for Athletes Foot
- Itching and burning between your toes or on soles of your feet
- Blisters on your feet
- Cracking and peeling skin on your feet dry skin on your soles or sides of your feet
- Raw skin on your feet and discoloured, thick, and crumbly toenails
- Nail Fungus
Nail fungus makes nails brittle, discoloured, and thick. It mostly affects fingernails or toenails. You can prevent nail fungus by keeping hands and feet clean and dry, wearing dry socks and changing them often, wearing shoes in a public shower, pool, or locker room, and not scratching infected skin, such as athlete’s foot.
- Symptoms of Nail Fungus
- scaling under the nail, called subungual hyperkeratosis
- Flaking white areas on the nail’s surface
- Loss of the nail
Who Is Prone To Fungal Infection?
- People with weakened immune systems and suffering from diseases
- People with a genetic predisposition toward fungal infections
- People who sweat a lot of as sweaty clothes and shoes can enhance fungus growth on the skin
- People who come in contact with a person suffering from a fungal infection
- People who frequent communal areas with moisture, such as locker rooms and showers, since fungi require moisture to grow and reproduce
- People who have excessive skin folds
Don’t share any things with the person who has a fungal infection. Wear protective footwear at all times in public places such as gym locker rooms, showers, and pools.
Antifungal treatment depends on your condition and your skin type. Most antifungals taken between 2 to 4 weeks to give the best results use Ketomac cream to see the results within two to three days.